Saturday, March 22, 2008

Walk the Earth

Well, I haven’t been running for the past 3 weeks in order to let my shins heal. I’ve reached the point where it became too painful to run and in fact believe I finally have a stress fracture. I have a Bone Scan scheduled next week which will tell me definitively one way or another. In essence though, it really doesn’t matter, because either way, I probably need 6-8 weeks off from running to let my legs properly heal. In the 3 weeks since I’ve run, I could tell my legs have gotten somewhat better as it is no longer excruciatingly painful to walk down stairs.

My lack of running someone accounts for my lack of blog postings. However, I do have a couple of things to write about. One is about my trip to New Orleans for which I’ve already posted several pictures and this post which I would like to dedicate to my friend Jack Lhasa.

Jack is going to be doing something I’ve only dreamed about doing; and that is roaming around the United States; sort of like Caine from Kung Fu. Jack [@jacklhasa] and his friend [@scarab] are going to hit the road (USA) in search of work, home and enlightenment. They are young and will probably never have this chance to experience this country as traveling writers. They will also be looking for writing work along the way if you can utilize them. Did I mention these two are highly entertaining?

I ask that you reblog this and even contribute to their travels. Any amount is better than none. You can at least email them encouragement if you do not have the money or would like to offer a place to stay for a night or two.

Thanks!

Donations made through: [PayPal]
email address is: jackstravelfund at Yahoo dot com
blog: [Loki Listens] & [the entropy report]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, man!

Anonymous said...

Agreed! Many thanks!

~Scarab