Saturday, November 17, 2007

Florida

So I am not sure what I am feeling about this recent trip. I had decent time for a couple of nights and managed to get in a couple of swims. I tried to run a couple of times, but my leg was having none of it. The 60K that I have to do to for a NYC Marathon Qualifier is looking doubtful. I’ll try to do it anyway.

Not much happened while I was in Palm Beach. The weather was warm, the hotel was fabulous and the meetings ranged from boring to interesting. At one point I had trouble to stay away during the meetings because I was out past 3:30am the night before, getting drunk and acting foolish. I was told that one of the highlights of the trip for everyone was when I put on someone’s high heeled shoes and raced one of my gay colleagues down the hall. Some of the gay guys then started to wonder if perhaps I was bisexual. Fortunately, none of them started to hit on me.

A couple of other things happened that I will not recount here, since certain people from work that read my blog should not be exposed to it. My only real disappointment for the trip was not getting in a swim on the last day I was there. I wanted to swim in the ocean at least one time, but I never made it. I thought I would on the last day, since my flight was not until 8pm in the evening, but my last meeting ended early and I was able to make an earlier flight. I decided to give up the swim in order to get home to my children before they went to bed. As it turned out the earlier flight was an hour delayed and the limo service I booked to pick me up from the airport took an hour to make it from the JFK parking lot to the terminal at which I was waiting. But my kids were still awake so all ended well. I got home around 10:35 which didn’t give us much time to stay up, since my son had an 8am soccer game the next morning. This was pretty brutal as it was freezing cold outside in the morning and a stark contrast to the breezy high 70’s I was experiencing just a few hours earlier.

0 comments: